Friday, December 5, 2008

My Practical Experience


Some time ago I put together a volleyball team for the last tournament of the semester. There was not much to it other than finding a couple of guys and gals to play. We showed up and I meet with officials and coordinators of the tournament to discuss rules and what was going to happen. My team got the number 2 seed after round robin play. During playoffs we won our first game and lost to the eventual winners of the tournament. It was a lot of fun playing from 8pm until 2am. But it was disappointing to have to leave at 2am when it was freezing outside and on a sour note. I also volunteered to be part of a research study ran by Dr. Foley. The first half of the study was set up to teach us "how" to assess students playing basketball. We watched some videos of students playing basketball at various skill levels and then verbally explained what we would give them out of 1-4 scale and why. The second half of the study we were assessing 10 students playing basketball. All at different levels of ability. We assessed the students and handed in our sheet. This study was to compare assessments made by me and several others.

No comments: