Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Looking Back on My First Speedball Lesson


It seems like it has been a long time since I first taught Speedball. In a way that is a good thing because I have grown a lot since then when it comes to teaching. During the first go around with Speedball my activity time was not good at all. There was a lot of waiting time, which is really bad. Waiting time like this turns into boredom for the students and this is when behavior problems arise. Because the waiting time was so high the activity time was low. Activity time needs to be above 50% and in my case it was not. Looking at what types of feedback I gave also shows that I need to improve in that area. I only gave feedback to about a third of the class. Most of the feedback given was general. Saying that I need to be more specific with the feedback in order to help students reach their potential.

No comments: